Dust Collector Parts:
Dust generation is one of the major problems in all kinds of manufacturing industries, such as Cement, Steel, Bakery, Oil and Gas, Zinc, Metal Plant, Foods and Beverages, Aluminum etc. Through different processes like grinding, buffing, drilling, milling etc, the dust is generated and is mixed up with the surrounding air. These dusts are not only harmful for health but it is also hampering overall business productivity. Thus dust collectors are the requirement of today as they are used for removal of dust/fume from air and produce clean and pure air and also save money and help to maintain the quality of finished products.
Efficient dust collector system should be the priority of an organization, no matter if it’s small or large industry. There are different types of dust collectors that includes Wet Scrubbers, Electrostatic precipitators (ESP), Inertial Separators, Fabric filters, unit collectors, Bag Filters/Bag types dust collectors, Centralized dust collection system, Cyclone/Multiclone dust collectors. Every dust collector has its advantages and used accordingly in various industries but all of these dust collectors mainly consist of various parts like Pulse Valve, Diaphragm, Pilot operated Solenoid Valve, Bag filter, baffle plate, sequential controller etc.
Let us see the important dust collector parts; this will also help us understand the working of these parts:
Here are some Dust Collector equipment embedded in Dust Collector System:
We will begin with the most important dust collector part called Pulse Valve. It is responsible for continuous flow of air and collect dust in a bag filter. Pulse Valve has just one moving part called Diaphragm. Its unique springless design provides fast opening and closing of the Pulse Valve with saving of compressed air. Long life, High flow and fast diaphragm operation produce reliable and economical operation.
Pulse Valves are worked by fundamental solenoid pilot operator. At the point when the valve is charged, the incoming air above pulse valve is quickly exhausted causing fast opening of main diaphragm valve. When the pilot valve is discharged, air escapes through bleed hole of main pulse valve to adjust the diaphragm pressure and quickly closes the valve.
Different types of Valves:
- Solenoid Valves:Solenoid valves which are also a dust collector parts which are responsible to handle critical flow of air, gas, oil, water and steam in applications spanning numerous industries. It has two-position on/off valves to flow control systems that impact thousands of users. Solenoid operated valve provides reliability and lower power consumption, acquire both AC and DC voltages while improving performance as it has power management technology that sets a new industry standard. These are made up of special materials like Stainless Steel, Brass, Engineered Plastics, Aluminum, Brass and Nickel Plated, Bronze etc. There are 2-way, 3-way and 4-way solenoid operated valves that can handle most fluid control applications.
- Pilot Operated Valve:A Two-way Pilot operated valves are dust collector parts that haves two chambers and these chambers are separated by diaphragms. The upper chamber is associated with upstream through a pilot opening in either the cover or diaphragm. The media applies a pressure that follows up on the upper side of the diaphragm and keeps the pilot operated valve closed. Pilot operated solenoid valves does not operate at zero pressure they are suitable only for upstream pressure differential. To keep them open or closed, a minimum pressure differential across the pilot operated valve is required.
- Pneumatic Valve/Air operated Valve (AOV): In this valve, air pressure is supplied to Air operated Valve. After sometime the diaphragm is lifted, which raises the stem, and opens the valve. If air is removed from the AOV, the Actuator Spring will close the valve.A complete air operated valve consist of the following sub-components: 1)A valve 2) an Actuator 3) Control accessories that include supply regulator, signal regulator, transducer, positioned etc. The Regulator reduces the air pressure to control (or actuate) the valve. In some cases, multiple Regulators may be used to supply the air pressure needed, based on system requirements. The Transducer converts the signal or control voltage. The positioned provides output pressure to position the valve, based on input from the mechanical feedback arm and the control signal.
- Diaphragm is the most important part of Pulse Jet Valve and these valves are the most important dust collector parts. It is located inside pulse valve and is responsible for continuous flow of air from one end to another. These diaphragms are great for controlling the stream of fluids containing suspended solids. Hence the diaphragm should have longer life span because it is the heart of dust collector system.Diaphragms are used in variety of valves such as Pulse Jet Valves, Solenoid Valves, Pilot operated valves, Pneumatic Valves. They are made application-specific by manufacturing in various materials like special Imported polyester(less expensive), neoprene and viton( for high temperature).Because of these high grade materials used for designing diaphragm it reduces cost and are corrosion resistant.
- Next we will see Sequential Controllers that are again dust collector parts embedded to control the system automatically. Here’s the general working of dust Collector Controller or Sequential Controller is, to sprinkle air on baffle plate. When sequential controller sprinkle air, the dust that resides on baffle plate, while the Dust Collection is in process, is again collected in the filter bag. The dust is collected by using Dust Collector Controller is in timely manner as required by Customer.
There are different types of Sequential Controller:
- Solid State Sequential Controller/Sequential Timer:
The pilot valves used on dust collector system can be operated using Sequential Controller. Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are used to provide visual indication of which pilot valve is being charged as well as it gives “Power On” indication. The series of sequenced steps is customizable from 2 through 10.To adjust the length of time between valves being de-energized (Off time / Pulse Frequency) and the length of time that the valve is energized ( On time / Pulse Duration) controls are provided. All logic functions and timings are controlled by Silicon semiconductor components, hence Sequential Timer is the most essential dust collector equipment.
To Start and stop the Controller Two independent methods are provided. They are as follows:
1) The first method will consequently stop the sequence and reset the Controller to the initial valve position whenever A. C. power is detached and then again reconnected.
2) The second strategy is by a remote control contact associated with the terminals provided. At the point when the remote contact is opened, the execution stops. When the remote contact is released, the execution proceeds from the previous.
- Micro Controller Based Bag Filter Timer:
The Dust Collector Equipments of this sequence can be programmed to suit customer’s actual necessities which are micro controller based units.
The two basic modes of operation are: a) Program Mode b) Manual Mode
- a) Program mode: The unit can be programmed to follow desired set of instructions as specified by client.
- b) Manual Mode: We can process output (Pilot Valves) serially. This controller has been used to work on solenoid pulse valves that are used in dust collector systems.
The Micro Controller Based Bag Filter Timer dust collector part provides timed sequential energization of connected loads. The Pilot valve will remain energized for the length of time as indicated by the setting of the “ON “control, when power is applied to the controller.
When we keep MENU key pressed on keyboard for approx 3sec, we can select “PROGRAM MODE” for modification in data of various specifications.
- The dirty or contaminated air enters the dust collector through the inlet. So baffle plate is one of the dust collector equipment because of which heavy particles with contaminated air shall fall down and will not damage the filter bags or cartridges. Further contaminated air with lighter particles shall pass through filter bags chambers where filtration takes place from outside to inside.
A highly efficient dust collector parts play a very crucial role in overall business of every industry. Therefore dust collector parts play a very crucial role in dust collection process. Hence By any measure, an efficient dust collector system is an investment that more than pays for itself.